Introduction to Copperplate Calligraphy
Copperplate Calligraphy, of which many important documents and letters were penned in, is one of the most exquisite scripts to have graced humanity. With its flowing aesthetics and well orchestrated shades and curves, this script is not meant to for quick writing, but attention is given to every single letter.Jump to our studio page for new dates and registration!
Learn the basics in this 3-hour introductory workshop. You will be equipped with the tools, and the knowledge of how to work with them. You will also be introduced to the letter forms, and guided along as you embark on a journey to create the most beautiful letters ever.
At the end of the session, you will be assisted with writing a quote, or a letter, or a Declaration of Independence, or the Iliad, whichever suits your fancy. You may then take this with you as a remembrance of when you first started mastering the art of Copperplate Calligraphy.
Each participant receives a carefully curated kit for pointed pen calligraphy.
Read more about Handwritten.sg, here.
If all the classes are sold out, you may add yourself to the Wait List by selecting the time slot below but please do not follow through with payment just yet. If a spot frees up for some reason, we will be contacting the first person on the wait list.
Venue: The Workroom, #01-05 Basement Studio, Tan Quee Swee Building, 19 Lorong Kilat, Singapore 598120
- Flex Nibs x 2 (Nikko G and 1 other nib, brand depends on stock availability)
- Oblique Holder x 1
- Higgins Eternal Ink x 1 glass pot
- Handwritten.sg's Handwritten Guide to Copperplate Calligraphy
- Guidesheets & papers
- List of shops to get supplies
- The History of Copperplate Calligraphy
- An introduction to the tools
- Warming up and getting the pen to work
- Getting to know the rules of Copperplate Calligraphy
- Getting to know the fundamental strokes and their importance
- Putting together the fundamental strokes to create the minuscules
- Writing something cool. ;)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Jump to our studio page for new dates and registration!